Sunday, February 1, 2009

Outlook forward rules not processing

Just run into interesting problem that I am not able to solve :(

My girlfriend wants to forward all emails from Outlook to her Gmail account – which sounds pretty easy.

First I tried to set up normal rule – every mail forward to gmail. It was created as server rule and didn’t work, so I expected that got forwarding to external mail address blocked.

As a workaround I specified that I want to display notification – this is simple trick, because it will automatically change rule to Client side.

Now I can see that rule is processed:

1.) Email arrives
2.) Email is forwarded to xxx@gmail.com
3.) Email never arrives

If I try to send email manually, it works. In both cases I can see that email in Sent folder, so I really don’t understand where could be the problem :(

Any idea\suggestion is welcomed :)

8 comments:

olie said...

Ahoj, problem muze byt v zakazani forwardovani v Exchange serveru (na objekty mimo AD).

Martin Zugec said...

Ahoj, to uz ma napadlo, lenze bohuzial to nebude ono :(

1.) Tie maily sa zjavuju v odoslanej poste
2.) Skusal som tam pridat notification (takze sa to zmeni zo server na client side rule)

Oldřich said...

ahoj, asi je jedno,zda client/server rule. podivej na to http://www.microsoft.com/cze/servers/exchange/techinfo/tips/tipy_all.mspx - tip c. 1; tzn. ze pokud to neni povoleny, tak ti to exchange proste nepreposle

Martin Zugec said...

Ahoj,

moc mi to nesedi - u nas to je zakazane a mne to funguje (ked je to client rule) :(

Este zvlastnejsie je to, ze sa to zjavi v Outlooku v Sent items - ale nikdy to uz nedorazi

Alex said...

In my understading these tasks have many of people in the world,and in my view solution for solve similar problems-forgot pst 2003 password,tool is free as far as I can see,it has many resourses,it can farther retrieve forgotten or lost passwords for Microsoft Outlook email client or for files with *.pst extension,can work not only with mail accounts, but also with password protected *.pst files,rogram is very easy, its simple interface can be used by anyone: from beginners to professionals,tool quickly sorts all characters, including multilingual ones and composes another password for you,can accept millions of different password, that differ from the original one, that was forgot pst 2003 password,provides a legal possibility to recover, when your forgot the pst password for Office 2003.

Dawg said...

There is a setting on the Outlook server that controls whether the system created forwards can go to email addresses not in the global address list. Our's is turned off so I cannot do this as I had hoped either. Looking for another workaround as I found this.

Anonymous said...

I had problems with password by outlook and some time couldn't solve these problems.But over time familiar advised me-recover lost saved password outlook.Application helped me,it is free as far as I know and tool recover forgotten or lost passwords,will be recovered and you get access to your mailbox.

Alexis said...

There is tool which works with e-mails very good and quickly to my mind-open pst files.It has free status as far as I remember.Besides that program can repair and open pst files and pst files open.It helped a lot of my familiars and me too...